Based in North Lincolnshire, Singleton Birch Ltd is the UK's leading independent lime supplier with a worldwide customer base, provides waste management services and has a renewable energy business. We are recognised as leaders in health and safety within the minerals industry sector having won many national awards over the last decade.
Recently the Company celebrated its 200th anniversary, a history which involves significant ties to the Aston Martin car company and subsequent and current connections with three major charities: Barnardos; the NSPCC and; the RSPCA. Corporate and social responsibilities feature highly in the way we operate.
With a desire to raise our standards yet further and succession planning in mind we are looking to appoint a Group Health and Safety Manager who will report to the board,
- Employing a solutions based approach to improving health and safety standards by spending time with all employees and contractors involved in the busines
- Contributing to a business-wide initiative of higher health and safety awareness and engagement at all operational levels, driving a positive and commercially effective health and safety culture
- Add to health and safety strategy and be a catalyst for positive change
- Act as an ambassador for the company on industry committees and forums.
- Drive improvements in Occupational Health
- Strong communication skills, experience with engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in an industrial, chemical or manufacturing environment is likely.
- Hold a minimum of a Health and Safety Diploma from avenues including but not exclusive to NCRQ, NVQ, NEBOSH or University Degree.
- Membership of professional institute such as IOSH
- Full UK Driving License
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications (£40,000 to £50,000)
- Sector leading pension scheme contributions
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care package
Apply in writing or by email direct to Martin Haworth, Technical Director at Singleton Birch Limited, Melton Ross Quarries, Barnetby, North Lincolnshire, DN386AE. email@example.com
Group Health & Safety Manager Advert